Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dem Blues



Now, this boy may have the worst teeth in the tournament but, he played a hell of a game and perhaps single handedly brought about the inevitable Spanish demise. I thought the Spaniards would go out in the next round having enough talent to dismiss the French aging aristos, hey, my bad... looks like they had one game left in them and I believe this was it. They are playing like ex champs though and you have to give the French begrudging credit for putting on a great display against the most consistently 'bloody awful in a big game team' in history. What is it with the Spanish... ? I loved this team they put on the field, from Puyol, Fabrigas to Raul and Torres, they looked like world beaters. Too Bad. The French will be euthanized against Brazil and rightly so. So we are down to eight. My final four... Germany, Italy, England and Brazil... for all the naysayers out there... every one of these teams will deserve to be there.

No comments: