Monday, June 12, 2006

Oh! Deary Me...


I must admit I didn't see the game, I really wanted to, just circumstances prevented me from being able to sit my ass down in front of the TV. Now, I personally expected a close game, I thought the Czechs would win but it would be close and the fact that the US would give a good account of themselves against the second best team in the world would propel them into a classic against the Azzurri. My Bad! Team USA didn't even turn up... I watched the highlights and frankly, they were effing awful. They seemed to have no strategy as to how to play your opening game in the World Cup, admittedly the Czechs were going to be a handful and will continue to be so throughout the tournament but, you have to have a effing game plan to counter these teams. Team USA had nothing... nothing I tell you, fricking Angola looked more organized. USA has some real talent and I mean that, real talent but, the talent has to show up... Landon Donovan is a liability, the guy is so inconsistent it boggles the mind and yet he is so lauded in this country, like he's the second coming of Pele or something. The guy has no instinct for the game at this level, he couldn't cut a German club team, so why do we expect so much from him in Germany '06? I still think Arena is over-rated, a good organizer but not a strategic thinker on a game by game basis...! Hey, I could be wrong!

No comments: